Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My MUZIK Folder

As I sit here looking at how un-organized my organized music folder is I can think of many ways someone else can actually do a better job at organizing my “Muzk” folder.  I looked at one of my folders labeled “Newest Muzik” I have random music genre and artist in that folder in different languages.  Some subfolders within the “My Muzik” folder are labeled by artist but the rest are categorized by rhythm I guess.  If I can’t dance to it I have it in either “Juzz Muzik,” “Chillaxin Muzik,” of “Cruizing” folder.  I have a folder that contains Spanish music that is not well organized. The only one I have organized is my favorite music genre which is Bachata.  My music library is organized in a way that labels the music that I listen to the most in a more appealing unique way that will automatic catch my eye and let me access it quickly. I guess if someone saw my music folder can say I’m a little bit unorganized but to me is organized in a way that the music that I listen to the most is accessible to me.
I guess another person is patient and meticulous and organized he/she can put everything in alphabetical order, either by title, composer or performer and then by the actual genre not just Spanish and English.  Another idea could be by rating if I listen to specific music more than other I can give them a rate and just organize the music that way.  Someone can also organize by the style of music.  Regardless of the way that the person organizes my music library it has to be in a way that my music that I like the most is easy accessible to enjoy.   I like almost all kinds of music but I think that the best way that I can or anyone can organize my music library would be by genre. 


3 comments:

  1. I do find that I prefer to look at music by genre, although sometimes I get frustrated as to how people categorize music. My husband deals with all of our digital music, and sometimes the genres he uses just confuse me... I think if it were up to me I'd more have genres based on my mood than the type of music. "gym music" "car singalong music" "study music" etc...But, in the true spirit of the miscellaneous order, a lot of music would fit in more than one category. Some study music is also good naptime music, some gym music is also good car singalong music, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What would happen if there was a flickr or delicious.com like organization to music? What if everyone could just tag their music with things that make sense to them and then your "muzic" would sort it self out by your tags. This would be double sided in the sense that other people's tagging would take effect on your organization.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cgflynn, I don't know how I would feel about letting people tagg my music because it would lose the sould of it to me. It wouldnt be my play list because people don't know me. So i think that with our own music we need to keep it personal and I dont think something like that would work for me. I would feel like I would be empowiring the machine you know what I mean? I'm not arguing with you I do think is a good idea in the sense that we are living in such a fast pace society that people don't even have time to organize our "muzik" and to other people it would probably work.

    ReplyDelete